Plethora Part 2

 Welcome Back!

I know it has been more than a couple days.. On to the actual craft part. Here is an updated photo of the embroidery for the earring box.


It is about half finished. At first, I was really unsure but I think the colors and the textures make this interesting. I foresee substantial patience being required when covering the box top with the fabric and then doing the final fitting to the bottom.

I finally tried a recipe that has been in my recipe folder for 10 years or so. It was for Grasshopper Pie by America's Test Kitchen. I don't remember why I originally put it in my folder, maybe I was having a pie fascination at that time too. It was a success and better than the apple cider vinegar pie in April for a couple reasons. The crust is made of mint oreo cookies.


The filling is basically whipped cream so not recommended if you have health restrictions - Planet Nice Crafts wants to promote good health on the blog, not bad!


To obtain the grasshopper, you add crème de menthe and crème de cacao, which I now have big bottles of each that will probably last a long time.



The benefits of this recipe besides the neat color?


The pie is freezable. So if you want to spread out the decadence - you can, easily. Big plus. The second benefit is that I had significantly more of the grasshopper filling than the crust could hold and I put the leftovers aside in a container. I discovered then it is the perfect coffee addition. Little in life beats a good cup of coffee sipped at leisure. The dollops of grasshopper cream were perfect - little effect of the alcohol so no risk there.

That is the end for Plethora Part 2. No video like I promised. I did have a video posted in April but discovered that it is not visible in the email subscription, just on the website. I have noticed that crafts and hobbies are mentioned a lot in the media but there are too many articles, podcasts, etc to keep track so I will concentrate on the books only. I have a few on my reading list, it will just take awhile to get to them. Feel free to reach out if anything is needed during this still rough time for many. Best wishes! planetnicecrafts@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Little on Quilt History

2024 Project Reveal...

Summer Smoke and Sizzle